Recent Forum Posts
Assembly instructions for Baynes SD Spinning wheel
Have the photos of your wheel for reference.
Read each step right through before commencing.
1. Install the treadle board plate on the treadle base section using the screws provided.
2. Connect the long wheel supporters A and B to the small maiden bar’s base D at points A1 and B1.
3. Fit the bottom part of the construction of the supporters A and B to the matching places on the bench and fix them from underneath with the screws provided.
4. Lift the wheel in to position taking care of it’s orientation to A and B supporters.
5. Remove the little pin from the crank and the small collar (round plate) from the wheel (side A).
6. Insert crank from post B, through the wheel hub.
7. Insert the little pin back in the crank and fix it in the little groove on side A of the wheel. Place again the round plate using the 2 very small 12 mm. screws provided. Insert crankshaft through post A.
8. Place the mother board on the dedicated base D. Fix it with the 2 screws underneath and the bolt provided.
9. Complete building the maiden board with the uprights as per photos.
10. Place the flyer with a bobbin in position between the uprights.
11. Fit the tension knob to front maiden side. Thread nylon through the cup hook on the same side and then hook the spring over bobbin on flyer on the other side.
12. Fit the connecting rod in place to the treadle board and the crank and secure using the retaining ring provided.
13. Wrap the drive belt around the wheel and around the flyer pulley. Tie drive belt and cut off the extra.
14. If the wheel is supplied with a Poly-cord drive belt, please visit http://www.vjhandycraftsandspinningwheels.com/ , look at the video “How to join Policord belt” and follow the instructions. Using the supplied small wooden plate makes this procedure easy.
15. Enjoy your Baynes Spinning Wheel !