Recent Forum Posts
Mathiason Spinning wheel
. Please look at the photos of your wheel in the listing.
1. Insert the treadle between legs 2 and 3 and fix it with the long thin bolts provided.
2. Connect the drive wheel to the post. The long bolt should go through the small washer, the central hole wheel supplied with ball bearings, the three large washers, the post from the side marked A, the small washer. Fix with the cup nut.
3. The hole next to the central one is for the crankshaft. Insert the shorter bolt in the washer, the hole of the conrod and screw it in the hole of the wheel.
4. Connect the maiden board to the post at the matching marked point using the little nails provided.
5. Build the top part of the Spinning wheel as per photos. Build the flyer unit as per photo follow the markings.
6. Assemble the flyer unit: Insert the bobbin, and then screw the flyer’s pulley. Both the bobbin’s and flyer’s pulleys should be positioned next to each other.
7. Depending on the way you would like to use the wheel (as a double drive or a single drive & scotch tension) place a driving band as follows:
- For Double drive: Wrap the drive belt around the wheel, around the SMALLER groove of the flyer pulley, back around the wheel and around the bobbin pulley. Tie drive belt and cut off the extra.
- For Single drive: Wrap the drive belt around the wheel and around the flyer pulley. Tie drive belt and cut off the extra.
- Scotch tension: Insert the wooden tension knob in the hole on the side of the flyer. Then the nylon cord should go through the small hook on the same side, the bobbin groove and hang the spring to the small hook on the other side of the maiden board.
8. Enjoy your Mathieson Spinning wheel