COLE Spinning wheel
1. Please look at the photos of your wheel in the listing for reference.
2. Connect the middle construction part to the maiden board as per photos.
3. Secure the posts underneath lightly using the cotter pins, bolts, washers, nuts or screws supplied depending on the model.
4. Unscrew the round cover from the top of the short posts, place the wheel between them and put the shaft in the beds. The crankshaft must be heading the spinners side (the one leg side).
5. The beds are lubricated with Graphite powder - the only lubricant that does not absorb dust ! It is very convenient to have a little container of Graphite powder for later use. There are small holes on the top of the covers for lubricate the shaft regularly. Never use any oil ! Place again the covers on top over the shaft and screw them lightly. There should be a gap left between posts and covers. Remember : the covers are there just to stop jumping the wheel while spinning. The good tuning of that point is crucial!
6. Connecting the flyer unit to the long posts: insert the long side of the L-shaped bolt with the wing nut (belt adjuster that is already attached to the flyer unit) as it is in the hole of the small brass plate coming out from the top part of the long posts as much as the wing nut allows, then fix the unit to the front side of top. The screws are on place.
7. Assemble the flyer unit: Insert the bobbin, and then tread the flyer. Both the bobbin’s and flyer’s grooves must be positioned next to each other.
8. Assembling the treadle unit: Connect the connecting rod to the treadle using the large screw provided.
9. Connect the connecting rod to the crankshaft: Remove the tiny bolt/nut at the top part of the rod, open more the slot with the help of a screw driver and insert the crankshaft in the larger hole. Place again the tiny bolt/nut in place and tide slightly.
10) Place the driving belt for Double drive spinning as follows:: Wrap the drive belt around the wheel, around the flyer whorl, back around the wheel and around the bobbin groove. Cut off the extra. Fuse both ends of the drive belt using a cigarette lighter to melt them. Use the small wooden plate
provided to line them up for about a minute to provide a smooth connection
11. Enjoy the Cole Spinning wheel !