Recent Forum Posts
- Please look at the photos of your wheel in the listing.
- Connect the posts A and B to the maiden board at points A1 and B1.
- Place posts A and B on the matching spots or insert them in the matching holes of the bench. Secure them lightly using the cotter pins, bolts, washer and nut or screws if supplied (depending on the model).
- Place the wheel between the posts and put the shaft in the beds - the side of the crankshaft should be heading post B
- Check the alignments of the beds for the crank and tighten the bolts of A and B posts from underneath. Insert the black bushes on both sides of the shaft (if available, depending on the model). The wheel should rotate freely. Secure the wheel in place - insert the small wooden dowels in the small holes at the back side of the posts. They should enter just over the bushes.
- Connect the connecting rod to the crankshaft and secure with the cup nut.
- Connect the conrod to the treadle and make two+ knots of the leather joint underneath.
- Build the top part of the Spinning wheel as per photos.
- Place the uprights on top of the maiden board ? photo 6.
- Assemble the flyer unit: Insert the bobbin, and then tread the flyer?s pulley. Both the bobbin?s and flyer?s pulleys should be positioned next to each other.
- Depending on the way you would like to use the wheel (as a double drive or a single drive & scotch tension) place a driving band as follows:
For Double drive: Wrap the drive belt around the wheel, around the flyer whorl, back around the wheel and around the bobbin pulley. Tie drive belt and cut off the extra.
For Single drive: Wrap the drive belt around the wheel and around the flyer pulley. Tie drive belt and cut off the extra.
Scotch tension: Insert the wooden tension knob in the hole on the opposite side of the flyer. Then the nylon cord should go through the small hook on the same side, the bobbin groove and hang the spring to the small hook on the other side of the maiden board.
· * If the wheel is supplied with a non fused Poly-cord drive belt, please look at the video ?How to join Poli-cord belt? and follow the instructions. Using the supplied small wooden plate makes this easy. If the poly-cord belt is already fused you must place it around the wheel before point 4.
12. Enjoy your Little Peggy Spinning wheel