Thumbelina Assembly Instructions
1. Have the photos of the wheel for a reference.
2. The BASE ASSEMBLY:
3. Sit the table on its legs. Attach Base Assembly A to Middle Assembly B using the three screws provided. Insert them in the three matching holes marked 1, 2 and 3 and fasten them well.
4. The DRIVE WHEEL ASSEMBLY:
5. Insert the CRANKSHAFT from Long post B in following order: Post B, Washer, Drive wheel, Washer, Long post A.
6. Secure wheel to the crankshaft with the screw marked with a green ribbon provided in the HUB pinhole. To locate the hole in the CRANKSHAFT use first a nail and then the screw.
7. THE CONNECTING ROD: Connect it to the treadle using the screw provided.
8. Connect the other part of the CONROD to the CRANK and lock it with a washer and the fastener provided.
9. The MIDDLE ASSEMBLY: Attach the half hinge of the top part of the Maiden Board to the matching half of the hinge at side B2 of the Middle Assembly. Lock the two halves with the longer metal rod provided.
10. Install the two uprights marked 1 and 2 in the matching holes of the Maiden Board as in the photos. Fix them with the little screws provided. The upright 2 must be flexible to be able to make easy bobbin change when needed. Secure upright 2 with the lever provided on place while working.
11. Place the flyer with a bobbin attached as per photo.
12. Screw the BELT TENSION knob underneath the left side of Maiden board as per photo or on top of the right side (I recommend this). The BELT TENSION knob is a very important part for fine tuning the belt tension.
13. THE DRIVE BELT: You are supplied with 2 Double drive belts – The thinner one (2mm) is with a correct length. The thicker belt (2.5mm) is longer.
14. Wrap the drive belt around the wheel, around the flyer whorl, back around the wheel and around the bobbin pulley. Tie drive belt and cut off the extra.
15. * If the wheel is supplied with a non fused Poly-cord drive belt, please look at the video “How to join Poli-cord belt ?” and follow the instructions. Using the supplied small wooden plate makes this easy.
16. Your Spinning wheel is ready to use !
ENJOY THE SPINNNG WHEEL ! CONGRATULATIONS !